It is extremely difficult to find the right texturepack. It really depends on the taste of the one searching. Texture packs are all designed in their own way. It is completely up to the artist about how detailed the texture pack will be, what he/she has decided its theme will be based on. For example, an artist may put an amazing amount of detail into his/her texture pack, however the packs theme is a strange mixture of medieval and modern, 2 out of 3 people who looked over this kind of texture pack would turn it down. A theme should really be based around one genre. The SpaxPureBDCraft’s theme is simply based on a cartoon look. However, the artist has worked on this texturepack with an intense amount of effort and time, making it amazingly detailed. The detail of a texturepack must fit in with its designated look, which a lot of texturepack artists fail to do.
A great aspect about the design of this texturepack, it comes in multiple detail versions. Ranging from 16x, 32x, 64x, 128x, and 256x. This aspect allows players to choose how they want to experience their pack, instead of using a high detailed version they could settle for the basic, simple looking version which will also not affect FPS usage as much as a higher detailed texture pack would do. However, this choice is completely up to the player and each person has their own mind set and personal preference.
It really goes to show, the amount of time the artist has put into his/her work when they go into the trouble of adding unnecessary textures to mods that may or may not be installed on the players game. Many players would find mod textures useless and indeed find them, unnecessary. However, the use of the specific mods would look strange compared to the rest of the default textures. In many ways, making the rest of the pack look out of place compared to the mod, or even the other way around.
This texture pack works with 3 different mods. Each mod also very different to each other. The mods this texturepack alters are the Zipline mod, the Aether mod, and the clay soldiers mod. Each of these mods uses their own textures and some have their own blocks and particles. All the aspects of the mod(s) have been significantly altered using the texture pack.
The one problem I have with this texture pack, as great as it may be, is that some of the blocks have been changed so significantly that some of them I cannot identify straight away, or without hovering my mouse over the block first. However this problem can be easily fixed and most players will be able to adapt to the texturepack easier than I do.
Also, some of the blocks can be extremely similar to each other, making the texturepack a little frustrating sometimes. Even so, just like my previous statement, it is only a small problem and can be easily ignored or adapted to.
Sphax PureBDCraft Texture Pack Version 1.5.3 for Minecraft 1.5.1 Changelogs
- Tweaked red and yellow flower.
- Updated to minecraft version 1.5
How to install Sphax PureBDCraft Texture Pack for Minecraft 1.5.1
- You most likely want either of these installed MCPatcher or Optifine
- Download the SpaxPureBDcraft Texture Pack for Minecraft version 1.5
- Browse to %appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/texturepacks or select the texturepacks menu selection in game.
- Once inside the texturepacks folder, drag the entire downloaded texturepack zip file inside without unzipping it, unzipping is unnecessary and the texturepack will not work.
- Select your texturepack in game.
- Done, enjoy the SphaxPureBDcraft texture pack.
- Minecraft Chebucto East End City Map
- Minecraft Kryhur Peaks Map
- Minecraft Oasis Casino Map
- Minecraft Hanging Gardens of Babylon Map
- Minecraft The Casino Map
- Minecraft Modern Hospital Map
- Minecraft The Lost Oasis Map
- Minecraft The Baroque Survival Games Map
- Minecraft Desert House Bundle Map
- Minecraft Los Angelcraft Huge City Map