Our world is absolutely massive. But it’s tough to get a sense of how massive the world is when you’re sitting at your computer desk staring at a Minecraft website.
Fortunately, a talented Minecraft mapper has created a full-sized Earth Map for our favorite game. The appropriately-named Earth Map brings a fully playable earth to the Minecraft world. And the result is something spectacular.
Obviously, the Earth Map is nowhere near full-scale. But every major feature of our planet has been accurately mapped out. The map was actually generated using “various images from NASA” that include landmass, satellite, elevation, and vegetation imagery. So if you’re wondering whether or not the map is accurate, then yes, it’s as accurate as possible.
The map’s pinnacle is Mount Everest, at 121 blocks high, as well as ocean topography, rivers, caves, and even city signs. Every part … Read More »
- Minecraft Japanese Village Map
- Minecraft World Trade Center Plaza Map
- Modern Private Peninsula Mansion Map
- Temple of the Spirit of Cherry Blossom Map
- Pirate Galleon: The Emerald Queen Map
- Minecraft Truss Arch Bridge Map
- Minecraft Swamp Lake City Map
- The Complexxx Parkour/Adventure Map
- Minecraft Run A-Way Map
- Minecraft Valkyrie Custom Terrain Map